MOBGEN delivers mobile platforms that strengthen the relationship between customers and brands or companies and employees. We aim to make mobile interaction easy, engaging and rewarding, so that users become loyal and life-long brand-ambassadors. We're looking for talented people to help us do just that. Someone who is also eager to learn, open to adapt to new techniques and styles, able to switch tasks frequently without losing focus and a team-player!
The Run & Maintain team
The R&M team is a small team of experts of various disciplines. The team is responsible for maintaining apps and websites that have come out of the development stage and were released into production. The team is small but takes care of a large portion of all projects within the company. This means switching from one project to another multiple times a week and sometimes even per day with tasks that can vary from fixing reported bugs to designing and implementing new feature requests. If the workload is low there usually is time to research new technologies or work on some internal tools.
Under guidance of a senior web developer you will be participating in all web related development within the R&M team. This tasks can vary a lot from day to day, depending mostly on business and client requests and demands. To give you a glimpse of the tasks you may be facing, here a short list of common tasks:
- Implementing new features in one of our mobile sites or websites.
- Troubleshooting and fixing bugs reported by clients.
- Adding or changing features in one of our custom build CMS'ses.
- Converting static designs from our design department into web pages.
- Fixing or changing an API for one of our Android or iOS apps.
- Maintenance and support on several of our Wordpress sites.
- Converting designs into mailing/newsletter.
- Help building and improving internal web tools.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- At least 3 years of experience as a developer;
- Understanding and experience working with the MVC, ORM and RESTful architectures;
- Solid Understanding of OOP;
- Experience with one or more PHP Frameworks (Yii, Zend, Laravel, Symfony, etc.);
- Good knowledge of RDBMS;
- Understanding of web security;
- Experience using a source control system (Mercurial, GIT, SVN);
- Communicative, accurate and pragmatic;
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- An eye for pixel-perfection;
- Good knowledge of English spoken and written;
Experience in one or more of the following techniques and software is a big plus:
- Experience developing and maintaining Wordpress websites
- Good knowledge of at least one MV Js framework such as AngularJs, BackboneJs, ReactJS, etc.;
- Public Social API`s (Facebook, twitter, flickr, youtube, etc.);
- Experience with project deployment/build tools like Composer, Phing, Ansible;
- Cross platform development with frameworks such as Phonegap (preferred) or Titanium;
- CSS preprocessors (LESS/SASS);
- TDD (Test Driven Development);
- NOSQL Databases or Graph Databases;
- Linux CLI, Linux configuration/maintenance;
- Working inside a team;
- Experience in large IT projects, preferably in the mobile area;
- Basic knowledge of Design patterns;
Experience in one or more of the following techniques and software is a nice bonus:
- Understanding of Web Accelerator and Caching mechanism;
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo);
- Unit testing (Jasmine, QUnit)
- iOS or Android development.
- Salary in accordance with your responsibilities
- Being part of an enthusiast group that you can share ideas with
- Interesting projects to work on
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks at the office
- Team building activities throughout the year
- Internal hackathons, participation to conferences, e-learning
- Nice package of benefits (mobile phone, health insurance, flex payslip, and more!)