MOBGEN is the innovation partner for global brands to engage their end-users and employees with excellent performing mobile and creative technology that matters.
MOBGEN is currently looking for a Senior QA Engineer. This is a strategic position in a fast growing company. The position is based in Amsterdam but could require some business travel.
Why the QA Engineer is important at MOBGEN?
As a QA Engineer you will ask the difficult questions, you will challenge documentation/people/functionalities, you will take ownership of the quality and help us ensure that the end-user has a smooth and fully functional experience. Mobile technology is used more and more nowadays and it is essential for us to stand out on a quality-level, to move things from ‘Good’ to ‘Great’.
The QA Engineer will be working with global clients like Shell International, Inditex, ABN AMRO, Van Lanschot Bankiers/ Evi, Persgroep/ Autotrack, Aegon, TOTO and many more.
What are the roles of a QA Engineer at MOBGEN?
- Being part of a team which is in charge of ensuring that our customers are getting the best quality mobile apps;
- Set up test automation frameworks and integrate them to build and release frameworks;
- Prepare and execute manual and automated functional, non-functional and integration tests
- Analyze and determine completeness of the implemented solution;
- Identify, report and track defects and verify defect fixes;
- Perform root cause analysis of issues;
- Help teach and push technical understanding to the rest of the team to help them grow;
The following experience and characteristics are relevant to us:
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge;
- Solid understanding of API usage and documentation;
- Good knowledge of design patterns;
- Good knowledge with at least one source control system (e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN);
- Experience with Continuous Integration Systems (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, BitRise);
- Experience with Automated Testing Frameworks (e.g. Appium, Selenium, Nightwatch.js, REST-assured) is a big plus;
- Experience with Open Source Performance/Load Testing Tools (e.g. Gatling, JMeter, K6.io) is a plus;
- Experience with IntelliJ & Gradle is a plus;
- Experience developing for mobile operating systems (e.g. iOS, Android or BlackBerry) is a plus;
- Experience with JIRA, TestLink or any other test management tool is a plus;
- Have technical depth and communication skills to lead discussions with technical experts and leaders from other disciplines;
- Able to analyze complex problems and create feasible solutions;
- Able to manage and delegate when necessary;
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Salary in accordance with your responsibilities
- Being part of an enthusiast group of 21 QA specialist that you can share ideas with
- Interesting projects to work on
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks at the office
- Team building activities throughout the year
- Internal hackathons, participation to conferences, e-learning
- Nice package of benefits (mobile phone, health insurance, flex payslip, and more!)